Friday, February 13, 2009

To Brian,

I'm posting this publicly for Brian to find. I figure I should let everyone know how awesome my guy is and how much I appreciate him. I don't have a whole lot to offer as far as a gift goes, so I thought this might be at least halfway decent to find:

:), *deep breath*...

It is Valentine's Day -- the holiday I pretended not to give a rat's you know what about my whole life in an effort to avoid disappointment. But...

This year, I'm not going to say, "It doesn't matter, honey," or, "It's just another day." I'm actually excited about this one; and I'm not afraid that I'll get some lock of hair or bag of toenails or a pack of gum (...actually got the pack of gum, once). I am confident that this year I'll have a good Valentine's Day, even if it rains, because I have a really good man standing beside me for this one.

Now, I'm not a sappy person and I'm usually very cynical. Today, I'm going to be honest, though, because Brian deserves it for all that he does and for all that he puts up with (me, my family, and my mood swings).

I might not always find the time or right way to show you how much you mean to me, Brian, but I really do love you very much. You're everything I've ever wanted in a man and I'm super proud that you're being the person I always knew you could be. I hope that I make you as happy as you make me. I know I seem like a hard-ass bitch 99.9% of the time but I promise that I mean well. I only ever want the best for you and always will.

I want to sit on a bench together and make fun of people when we're 80 and steal those wheel-chair, auto-powered, shopping carts from Wal-Mart and chase people together. I know you're the one I'm supposed to be with because we mesh so well. People might say that we haven't known each other long enough or that we moved in together too soon or blah blah blah; but whatever "Joe-Shmo" says, we know each other better than most people who have known each other for years do. I don't think it's a coincidence that we finish each other's sentences and think the same things at the same time. I don't at all, for one second, think that anything we have ever gone through has been detrimental to our relationship. I think that everything that has happened has strengthened us and that we will be stronger in light of all of it.

I love you and look forward to Valentine's Day together, not because it's just some day, but because it's a special day that I can let my guard down and be romantic because I know that you would never do anything to hurt me on a vulnerable day like today.

Love you<3,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment